Intro to Resin 3D Printing w/ Alex
If you bring your own laptop Beforehand please install and update, if necessary, Form Labs Preform slicer and Chitubox basic slicer.
The form labs file can be found here:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TJusWajw7vLFhuLOKUZHtcenkMIKw2xN?usp=sharing
And Chitubox can be found here: https://www.chitubox.com/en/download/chitubox-free
This is an introductory course on the use of resin printers. During the instruction, students will learn how to load and unload resin, settings, supports, and different materials that can be used on the machine, and how to navigate Form Labs Preform slicer and Chitubox basic slicer. The purpose of this class is to get the user up and running fairly quickly and achieve successful prints.
- -Eye Protection as we will be working with liquids.
- -Eager to learn and something to take notes if needed. Laptops are encouraged but not required.
- -USB thumbdrive
Basics of Printing
- - Types of Printers
- - Types of Resin
Printer Terms and Functions
- - Main Printer Parts and Purpose
How to get 3-D Prints
- - Downloading Models
- -How to set supports
- -How to hollow your models to use less Resin and set drain holes.
- -How to save resin profiles, create and read validation chips
Usage on Asmbly computer or on their own device
- - Pre-Print Checklist
- - Common Issues and Fixes
- - Print Removal/Post Process
- - Build surface cleaning
- - Work area cleaning and proper disposal of byproducts.
Slice, load, and print a small file